Tuesday, September 14, 2010

MIDNIGHT MADNESS (MMSC71)

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Did you all have a good weekend? We did! We went to an environmental center by our house and walked through short trails looking at all the fauna and flora around then fed the turtles and fish in the lake over there. It's amazing how sometimes the simple, free things in life are what make a little one enjoy his day! We came away with lots of pretty photos and a new tree!
So are you ready for another Midnight Madness sketch? I enjoyed this one, probably because I was excited about using one of Priscilla's images especially this beautiful sunflower.
Congratulations to our winners this week
Our Masterpiece Award goes to
Our Remarkables Awards go to
Our Sponsor this week is Gurlee Girl Designs
Our Monthly Sponsor is Sunshine and Giggles
My card this week was using Priscilla's sunflower and I love the way it turned out. I colored the image in prismacolored pencils then cut a few leaves out and popped them up on dots to give a little dimension. I added some brown stickles to the center of the flower and covered the whole flower with glaze to give it some shine.
The dp I used is from DCWV Autumn Splendor stack. Ribbon is from Michael's and gems and flowers too. The label was made using sizzix Tags, scallop combo #2.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Don't forget to stop by my DT sisters blogs
Hugs,
Charlotte

12 comments:

  1. Your "priscillastyles" sunflower is just gorgeous. It's colored so beautifully. Love the tag, and all your added details. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Charlotte - this is juat gorgeous! I love the way you have used Priscilla's sunflower - your colours are perfect, they are so warm and ruch - LOVE IT!! Your tag is a great touch too along with the bling!! Thanks for sharing Charlotte - I love coming to see you! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, your card is so pretty. Love the color selection as well as your coloring and shading of Priscilla's sunflower. You have shown it off beautifully!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte!
    Your card is so lovely! The green dp is so lovely and the small shiny flowers are so pretty. You have made Priscillas sunflower look very good!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte I am in awe of the stitching on this fabulous card...it is magnificent. You did a fabulous job with the "priscillastyles" Sunflower-just magnificent-love the brown stickles. Great to visit your blog Charlotte-sounds like you had fun feeding the turtles! Have a great weekend!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I just love the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlotte, you're trying to get in Priscilla's good graces with the beautiful use of her digi sunflower. So beautiful and sparkly. Your whole card is filled with such beautiful colors, stitching and pearls - WONDERFUL job!! TFS!

    Hugs
    Da Princess

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, very pretty! Is that real stitching on the sides? It is just fab how ever it was done!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just sooo pretty, Charlotte! I love what you did with the PD flower and the sparkle!! The sentiment tag is just wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlotte,
    First of all my eye is drawn to to glossy effect on your card. But then I noticed all the stitching and pearls too....just too lovely for words. However, I came back to take a second look because I am in love with this green DP...had to get the name of that one. Thanks for posting such a lovely card! Blessings, Tracy--MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlotte, I am always amazed at your quality of card making AND photography..JUST GORGEOUS. I am glad to be back and missed commenting and visiting your blog. Thanks for being a part of the Midnight Madness Design Team and thanks for holding down the fort while I was away :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Your gorgeous sunflower just pops off the page! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX