Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS (MMSC85)

Good Morning folks!
 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas filled with all the right things that are important to you and are getting ready to bring in the New Year too! December has been an unbelievably busy month for me, needless to say I haven't posted anything on my blog the entire month! Sorry!
I'm just getting back from being out of town and getting my fill of SNOW!!! Anyone who knows me knows how much I miss the fluffy white stuff, so my DH decided to grant me my wish....to have Christmas in the cold weather and as an added bonus he ordered snow for me too! So we have been playing outside in the cold weather for the past week....Now I need to get adjusted to being home and back to the daily routine....!!
OK, enough about my week away! Back to business....welcome back to those of you who took a break and for those of you who continued to play Midnight Madness over the holidays, well done you! It was lovely to see so many entries at this busy time of year.
Congratulations to all our winners!
Masterpiece Award
#28 Karen Wallace
#78 Nancy Brown
#94 Artesania
Remarkables Awards go to
#8 Brenda K
#26 Teri Sherman
#40 Maki Jones
Our weekly sponsor is Craft Brulee
 Our monthly sponsor is Lindy's Stamp Gang
Over at Midnight Madness we are all set for another sketch...are you? It's MMSC85 and I just loved playing around with this one. I decided to make an altered journal for a friend "Elise" who was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have been thinking about her a lot lately as she has a young son just like me, and just the thought of what she is having to go through with her treatment while trying to explain it all to her son so he can comprehend, must be so difficult. This journal has special meaning too as I won one of Elise's blog candies and chose this beautiful stamp from Elisabeth Bell with this little girl hugging her bear, and Elise is now on that DT! So Elise, sweet friend, I'm sending this to you with lots of hugs and prayers for your complete recovery!
Did you all check out the new line up of DT members for 2011? If you didn't go check out Priscilla's blog as she has both of her DT's listed!
Well I'm going to sign off now and catch up on the unpacking!
****One last request, when we arrived home last night we found out that one of my DH's uncles was admitted into hospital on New Year. He is on a respirator and needs all the prayers he can get. I would appreciate it if you would keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much!****
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Charlotte

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Charlotte!
    I am glad to see you back! I saw the pictures of you playing in the snow over on Facebook. It sure looked like you had lots of fun! So happy for you to have a white christmas! I guess you don't have a lot of those in Miami ;o)

    Your journal is adorable! Love the pearls!
    Your friend Elise will treasure this I am sure. I am sorry to hear that she has got this horrible diagnosis, and hope she will have the strength to fight it!

    I hope your DH's uncle will recover soon - I will keep them both in my thougths!

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte,
    What a beautiful card! Your image is just precious, love the coloring and all the lace and roses look fabulous! I'll say a prayer for your DH's uncle. Thrilled to be on the team with you!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and feminine touch you've put on the journal. She's going to love it. It really shows how much you care when you put so much detail into something like this for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card! I just love this image and the roses with the pearls are so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte! Happy New Year! Love Love Love your first card of the New Year. Beautiful image and coloring!
    Hugs Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlotte...Well as always, you never disappoint with your gorgeous creations. Here is to another year with the Madness ;) Thanks for being a Senior! lol
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX