Tuesday, February 1, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS (MMSC89)

Well hello again! It's Tuesday already and time for a little madness! Not really but hey, it sounded like a fun thing to type! So how was your weekend? Did you do anything special? I always enjoy hearing what people get up to when they are not working and have a couple of days off. My little family took off to the Florida Keys to the Stone Crab Festival in Key Largo, and enjoyed some beautiful weather out by the ocean. It was our first visit to the Festival and boy were there a lot of people! I think half the folks who reside down there were at that festival on Saturday, the other half were there on Sunday!! It's really neat and a totally different atmosphere than where we live in Miami. Definately Jimmy Buffet style, for sure! I'll share a couple of photos at the end of my post....but first let's get down to business.
Congratulations to all our fabulous winners this week! There were some gorgeous creations you made to delight the team with!
Our Masterpiece Award goes to
#32 Beate
Our Remarkables Awards go to
#16 Brenda K
#41 Wenche WTE
#47 Artesania
Our sponsor this week is a Stampin Up demo agent Jane Trossi who has a wonderful prize for one lucky winner! 
Our Monthly sponsor is Paper Pretties
My card this week is designed using one of Priscilla's Valentine's images called Falling Hearts. Isn't it pretty! I had fun coloring this one in and didn't want to take anything away from the image so kept my card rather plain to allow the tree to take all the credit!
I colored the image in prisma colored pencils and copics with a couple of highlights in a white gel pen. The background dp was embossed with swiss dots and a floral swirl embossing folder which was a RAK from Ri on my other DT..thanks Ri...my secret Santa!
The lacey border and buttons are from JoAnn's fabric. I don't use buttons too often so I figured why not use them on this sketch and have to admit that I kinda like them! It's something a little different for me. The edge border punch is from Martha Stewart. Plain and simple really but I like how it turned out. Oh forgot the paper...SEI Winter Song!
I hope you will take the time to join in the fun at Midnight Madness and show us your creativity!
Don't forget to leave some love on my DT sisters blogs too!
Here are a couple of pickies from my weekend!
Two beautiful dolphins swimming together...don't they look happy!
A pelican on the post by the boats docked at Islamorada fish company. See how still the water is!
A boat decorated like a Pirate ship for the festival! Super cute for the children to see!
Well I hope your week is a good one!
Love and hugs,
Charlotte

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect Valentine. I love the red gingham paper. It's a great backdrop to how you've colored the tree. The ric rac is pretty and I really like how your faux wood buttons play off the bark of the tree.
    ReneƩ
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love this card. Your coloring is fantastic and the buttons were a perfect touch.
    Dawn - MMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo just breathtaking..Charlotte, I love what you did with the Heart tree..Thank you :) I Just adore your style. Thank you so much for adding your talent to the MM line up each week. So much inspiration from each of our DT.
    Keep up the exceptional work.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlotte, you have such a flair for design! I love the red gingham with Priscilla's tree, which by the way is colored exceptional! Love the buttons and lace too! I always enjoy seeing your creations!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlotte!
    Thank you for sharing those photos and telling about your weekend! I wish I could live a place so beautiful as this!

    Your card is very pretty! The coloring is very nice and you have really made Priscillas tree look very, very good.

    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Charlotte - what a gorgeous card - I always love the way you bring elements together! Gorgeous DP and so perfect with the perfectly colooured tree! Your weekend sounded fun - I love the photos - thank you for sharing them with us! Love it! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Charlotte! Wow what a beautiful card you have create this week! Love all of your little details, they all add up to one special card! Love it.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you enjoying that gorgeous water! We are up to our you know what in snow but I was glad to see your little guy making the sweetest snow angel below! Hugs, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX