Tuesday, July 12, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS (MMSC112)

Good Morning my fellow bloggers!
Well it's time for me to catch up with a bunch of things now that I'm back from my vacation, and get back into the swing of daily life. Canada was great and we had fabulous weather during our trip, better than what Florida had while we were away! We flew in to Montreal and spent a couple of days there, then drove via Ottawa to our little rented house in the woods! I think for us our favorite area was Niagara Falls, which is so beautiful, especially at night when they put the colored lights on the waterfalls. While we were there we were lucky to see some wildlife too, some deer, little chipmunks, and some black squirrels! OK enough about my vacation and onto the other important stuff going on at Midnight Madness~
This weeks sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between.
Your Choice
 Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
Our MMSC111 Gold Star Award goes to...
 Our Remarkables Awards this week go to...
 Our MMSC112 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is...
D'Amour Allure you can purchase these images at McMahon Five Design
 Check out the awesome MMSC112 Bonus Prize
Prize details
Language of Love – 24 Stamps
4  - 12x12 Sheets of Kaisercraft To Have & To Hold Paper Collection
6 Prima Eminence Roses
What a great prize..thank you so much Jeni :)
Our July Monthly sponsor is....
For my projects this week I have a card made with an image from D'Amour Allure and flowers from Petaloo and my altered box is using flowers from Petaloo.
The image is called Arabella. The flowers on the card were stained with brewed coffee granuals that were cooled and squeezed out onto them. When they were dry I edged them with a copic pen in pale sepia. 
The flowers on the box were stained with Moon glow's starburst stains in Autumn Maple Crimson from Lindy's Stamp Gang and water. I painted them in different strengths of the starburst stain to make them look realistic.
The corners were made with a Sizzix Sizzlits die from the Architectural Accents set. Lace is from my stash and gems from Micheal's.  
Here's a closeup of the flowers, don't they look pretty? I love how my project turned out and am really loving these fabulous Petaloo flowers.
Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind comments. Don't forget to stop by my DT sisters blogs to leave them some love too.
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Charlotte

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card and project! I love the image and you have the magic touch with your flowers - just gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant creation. Love the colors and corner especially. LindaS/MMSC GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte, these both turned out so pretty. I love the colors you used on them, especially the little pink flowers. Love the sequin trim too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great vacation Charlotte - I would love to spend a week or 5 in a house in the woods in Canada - oh the quiet :) *LOL*
    Your card and box is very pretty! Love the corner dies and the colors you have used!
    Hugs
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super amazing creations..Love the coloring on the flowers. Thank you for entering the Petaloo’s Color me Crazy Challenge. Your entry is just lovely. We will be emailing the winners & runner-ups on Wednesday July 27th ! And don’t forget to visit our Petaloo Youtube channel and website gallery for more ideas and inspiration. Good luck!
    Priscilla :)
    http://petaloo.typepad.com
    Petaloo Products
    Priscilla@petaloo.com
    MMSC Hostess

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX