Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! PUMPKIN BREAD MEETS DUSTIN PIKE!

Happy Halloween folks,
I hope you all have some fun plans to celebrate and have some not too scary costumes lined up. We had a Fall Festival at my son's school yesterday which was great. The teachers and parents set up booths for all the children to play games like pumpkin musical chairs, spider toss, scarecrow toss, face painting, decorate your own cookie or cupcake, and decorate a picture frame. I volunteered to walk some students around the festival but almost got roped in to help out with the picture frame decorating booth.......I guess I was helping a little too much, coz they told me to Please pull up a chair! Needless to say that was my cue to keep walking with my group!

We had baked fresh pumpkin bread for all the teachers who have worked with my son at some point during last year or this year. Last year I made special cards for them all but the list is getting longer so I decided that baking something good would be faster for me. My son helped me choose the little ceramic bread pans for the teachers ($1.00 from Michael's) and we wrapped them with matching plastic gift bags, added a label and ribbon and that was it! All the teachers were delighted with the little treat...so I think it was a wise choice this year.

Fresh from the oven.......yummmmmy!

gift wrapped and ready to go!

I also got around to photographing my other cards from Dustin Pike which I had not posted yet. The top one is from Dustin's release this week and the monkey sick in bed is from his previous release.
Perhaps little sick monkey needs some homemade pumpkin bread to make him feel better!!
Well I'm going to take my little one swimming at his grandma's then after dinner we will be Trick or Treating in the neighborhood! Have a fantastic Halloween and stay safe!
Talk to you soon,
Hugs,
Charlotte

9 comments:

  1. well charlotte...ill count you in amongst the many things you do and love you do with love and the caring side of you shines through so if i go ahead i will need you by my side..so for that thank you......your blogs is full of surprising things hun them cakes look fair dinkum to me lol!!!! if only...the last cake i baked became a door stop.....haha!!! right im off to dust of my broomstick...its getting quite a few miles on the clock...and them splinters well cant tell yer where they end up....so happy halloween..tc stay the same as you are love sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea on the Pumpkin bread and those little dishes are so cute, I bet your house smelled so good. What a NICE thought and treat. Blessings, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect!!! Those pumpkin loaves couldn't be any more perfect and I bet they taste delightful!! Yum yum, perfect time of year for pumpkin bread. Did I mention perfect, lol!! Fabulous cards too!! Happy Halloween!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Charlotte how to do fit it all in!! Pumpkin bread...nope don't think we have that over here! But it looks really yummy all wrapped up,lucky teachers!! And your Dustin Pike makes are brilliant as always!!
    (I decided to send my friend a Halloween card for her birthday instead ...so no squashed spiders... well, not real ones!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya sweetie...thanks again for your support and you are hidden in the title...wanna guess..oh go on i'll tell you..i put **within** in the title why? because of you and thats where all your love is deep within you...lv sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh those cakes look wonderful and ive never eaten pumpkin, someone at work said it wasw a bit caramelly, is that right!! the cards are beautiful too Charlotte you have been busy darl , thanks for your lovely words over on my blog too im really grateful, have alovely monday huggies and love June xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH how yummy!! i just LOVe pumpkin bread and your creations sure are ADORABLE!!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, your teacher's treats are FABULOUS!!! What a great idea to make the pumpkin bread in those adorable pans...the teachers are going to love these!!! I love your cards, too...such beautiful designs, colors, and images!!! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX