Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MIDNIGHT MADNESS (MMSC37)


Happy Tuesday everyone!
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and were able to get some crafting done! I am actually proud of myself for finishing a couple of cards that were not complete, although I can't show you them yet!! The weather has finally heated up here and we have had temps back in the high 70's already. I was quite enjoying the cold spell, but I guess living here I can't expect it to stick around.
Now for the important stuff.....it's time for MMSC37 and you do not want to miss this one...check out Priscilla's blog for all the information, you'll be glad you did! We had a good turn out again this week and the DT enjoyed seeing all your lovely creations.
Congratulations to our award winners this week
Our MMSC36 Gold Star Award goes to...

40. Nancy Brown
Our Remarkables Award this week goes to...
2. Jakester
18. Iris
65. Mary Lou

Our sponsor this month is

and I have actually used one of their lovely images. I decided to make a book mark instead of a card, don't worry I won't be squishing the flowers between the pages....that's what the ribbon is for!! I like how this one came out, even though there are plenty of other crafty peeps who would have done a much better job than me on the vintage style! I did have to improvise a bit with my bookmark because of the lack of space, but I think you can see the sketch in it. Hey at least I gave it a shot!!
Our weekly sponsor is Charlene from
 Sweet Scrap Deal

Charlene says "After getting laid off last summer I decided to follow a passion of mine, scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook and shop for scrapbook products! My desire was to be a business owner and bring the best deals out there to scrapbookers and card makers. I began this online store with a vision of "one deal a day" but it has grown into so much more! You'll find that everything is on sale all of the time! There is also a clearance section with items that are priced so low, you can't afford not to scrap!I love being able to supply all of you with sweet deals on quality scrapbooking goodies.  For more information on my store and all the classes I offer, please visit my website at www.sweetscrapdeal.com or my blog http://sweetpiecesbyme.blogspot.com/"
 

I colored my image in prismacolored pencils, glazed over her dress with paper glaze then added some stickles. Around the edges I chalked to give it a vintage look.


At the top of the bookmark I added a copper metal tag that says remember, a few flowers and gems


the bottom was finished off with lace, ribbon, a flower and leaves.

So that's it for today! I would love to hear what you have to say about this bookmark!
Don't forget to check out my lovely DT sisters creations too!
Hugs,
Charlotte

13 comments:

  1. Hello Charlotte - what a gorgeous bookmark - it is enough to make me want to take up reading! LOL! You do vintage so well Charlotte, I love this look with all of the sponging and those gorgeous flowers - perfect! The copper sentiment is such a lovely touch - you are amazing and it seems you can do every style so well! Thanks for sharing Charlotte - I love to be inspired by your work! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, if I had a book mark like this, I wouldn't have it for long as all my book club friends would wrestle it away from me...lol This is just delightful and I love how you have done this sketch on the bookmark. You are so talented and creative. Simply divine!!!

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore that vintage looking card and lady, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your pretty Vintage style with your lace and flowers!! So beautiful!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty Charlotte!! Love the copper tag,sponging, your coloring and all the flowers and lace you added. Such a beautiful take on the sketch!! Very vintage!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlotte this is such a wonderful vintage card. I love your color selection of dp and all of the fine details of your embellishments especially the ribbons used! Wow! Simply a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the copper tag and those flowers are beautiful :)
    PRiscilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charlotte, GORGEOUS JOB! I think your Beautiful bookmark shows that vintage style you've got. Just the right amount of embellishments too for a bookmark, stunning work, DT Sister! xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlotte! This is simply gorgeous! Okay ... this is not a bookmark I would use in my books!!! As soon as I took this bookmark out from the page, I'd be so busy admiring it and forgetting all about my book! LOL! And it's just soooo pretty for a bookmark! Whew! I love how you've added the stickles to the dress for that "sparkle". And the lace, flowers, gems ... simply put ... "Stunning!" I love it Charlotte! Well, I love EVERYTHING you make!!! :)
    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Stunning!!! You know I love vintage and this creation is AWESOME ... every little detail is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love it, so glad I was able to pop on over here. This is incredible, can't believe you are new at Victorian style - love the tag, flowers, lace ~ she is so well colored and proud to be on your bookmark, Love your take on the sketch, take care. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do you make excuses for this Charlotte? This is fantastic! And the "Remember" plate is so clever! A bookmark is supposed to help you remember - it's genius! The coloring is beautiful and you really top if off with the stickles. Just stunning!

    Mvh
    Gunn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX