Saturday, July 17, 2010

ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS CONTINUED

Today I want to wish my in-laws a very Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary!
Their actual anniversary day is June 25th, but today we are celebrating with family and friends in Holland. We weren't sure what to get them for a gift as they have everything, so my hubby and I decided to make them a shadow box. Arjan made the whole box himself, (his grandfather would have been so proud of him!) and I made the inside. We have been working on this for a while now and getting everything together took some planning! I wanted to get some photos from one of their albums but we had to wait until they were away for a couple of days before we could sneak their wedding album out of the house without them knowing!
Here's the happy couple on June 25th, 1970
We didn't want to try to remove any of the photos and risk ruining their album so Arjan took the whole book to get some scans of the photos.
The most recent photo of them together we couldn't get copied because of copyright issues! So it took some effort to get what we wanted with lots of patience too.
These two little girls were such a special part of my MIL's life....aren't they adorable! Just precious in their little dresses and gloves!
That's all for now, I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of these wonderful family photos and our special handmade gift for the Happy Couple.
Enjoy the rest of your day and Thank You for stopping by!
Hugs,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX