Sunday, August 22, 2010

DOODLE DRAGON CHALLENGE #17

It's Sunday again!
Each weekend I think "oh I have one more week before a new challenge is due", but it's here yet again and I just got it in on time! Phew! This weeks challenge over at Doodle Dragon Studio is to create something with no designer paper, so I looked around my house and decided to do a little reusing/recycling of things laying around! This little notebook I had from Michael's dollar bin....or now $1.50 bin!!! and I decided to keep it simple with some dry embossing on the cover, a little left over ribbon from my stash and a velcro closure on the side with a metal button with the word 'discover'.
The circle flower cutouts were embellished with some clear dots to give a little dimension and I used the recycled sign and handles from a paper bag from the Whole Foods Market! The image of course is Dustin Pike.
I also reused a ribbon spool and made a little container for my son to put his erasers in, so now he has his notebook and container to use for school.
I cut the end off the spool and made it into a lid, then used my nesties die to made the top and bottom a little larger, added this adorable little dragon to the top and dry embossed the whole image. The spool was covered in some paper remnants and paper ribbon, and the images were all colored with copics. So there you have it, a recycled project and no designer paper on the notebook!
I hope you will join us this week for this fun challenge and don't forget to visit my other DT sisters to see their fabulous creations.
Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs,
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment, they really make my day brighter!
Hugs,
Charlotte
XXX